At Brambles Primary Academy, art allows pupils to become confident independent artists who are creative and express themselves. Through exposure to diverse cultural heritage, pupils will foster a love of art and understand how art contributes to the creativity and wealth of our nation. Through work with the Paul Hamlin Foundation, we have developed a culture of artists within our curriculum that immerses the children in a range of cultural and artistic experiences.
- Art and Design is taught based on the National Curriculum for Years 1 to 6 and the EYFS Curriulum Framework
- Children explore art through the following strands: Drawing, Sculpture, Printing, Painting and Collage, Textiles and Photography
- Each art unit is based around the work of a famous artist, craft maker, designer or sculptor
- A carefully planned whole school progression of art knowledge ensures children have and the opportunity to revisit and remember previous learning in order to develop an understanding of how art contributes to the wealth of our nation
- Knowledge organisers outline the key new knowledge for each unit and the prior knowledge needed for pupils to make meaningful connections to new learning