- Music is taught based on the National Curriculum for Years 1 to 6 and the EYFS Curriulum Framework
- Children explore music through the following strands: Composing, Musicianship, Singing and listening.
- Each music unit is based around a key question, developing a range of music based skills.
- A carefully planned whole school progression of music knowledge ensures children have and the opportunity to revisit and remember previous learning in order to develop an understanding of how music contributes to our own culture and their own life.
- Knowledge organisers outline the key new knowledge for each unit and the prior knowledge needed for pupils to make meaningful connections to new learning