- Science is taught based on the National Curriculum for Years 1 to 6 and the EYFS Curriulum Framework
- Working scientifically is at the heart of the science curriculum. Children learn to use a variety of approaches to answer relevant scientific questions. In every year group children will use the 5 types of scientific enquiry;: observing over time; pattern seeking; identifying, classifying and grouping; comparative and fair testing and researching using secondary sources
- Scientific language is taught and built upon as topics are revisited in different year groups and across key stages.
- A carefully planned whole school progression of scientific knowledge ensures children have and the opportunity to revisit and remember previous learning in order to develop an understanding of the world around them.
- Working scientifically skills are mapped across the phases to ensure a logical progression and cumatively built procedural knowledge
- Knowledge organisers outline the key new knowledge for each unit and the prior knowledge needed for pupils to make meaningful connections to new learning