- Design Technology is taught based on the National Curriculum for Years 1 to 6 and the EYFS Curriulum Framework.
- The curriculum is sequenced under the three areas of Cooking and Nutrition, Mechanisms and Textiles.
- A carefully planned whole school curriculum promotes the progression of design technology knowledge and offers the opportunity to revisit and remember previous learning in order to develop as designers and makers.
- Knowledge organisers outline the key new knowledge for each unit and the prior knowledge needed for pupils to make meaningful connections to new learning.
- DT is supporteded and enriched by the many STEM opportunites at both academy and trust levels as well as the Tees Valley Education Business, Industry and Enterprise Curriculum.